A video campaign for people + nature living through COVID-19
We are collaborating with Generation Wild, Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado, Thorne Nature Experience, and ProgressNow Colorado on the Let’s #COoutside video campaign. We want to share all the different types of fun all Colorado families can engage in outside while remaining safe. No matter where you live, there is nature nearby, and it is yours to enjoy and care for!
Help us out by sharing a video! Here’s how…
Please select from this list to help us show our community how to #COoutside. Show us your favorite outdoor activity that you do for fun!
- Show us how to do a nature identification/scavenger hunt
- Create art with sidewalk chalk/paint
- Institute a “silly walk zone” (create a sign and designate an area. Whenever in that area you must do your silly walk.)
- Create and show us your leaf collection
- Come up with a dance routine outside
- Setup a nature spot: nesting boxes, faerie gardens, bird baths (beware of bears and other creatures who may also take interest in your nature spot)
- Show off your best jump roping/Doubledutch skills
- Wiggle your body: Show us your best tricks
- Have a picnic outside
- Go Stargazing or Cloudwatching
Looking for more great ideas? Visit www.generationwild.com/the-list!
All activities with more than one person, should only include individuals in the same household and all video submissions need to adhere to the key safety points coming from Colorado’s safer-at-home policy:
- Wear a cloth face mask (unless in a private yard or space)
- Stay 6 feet away from people who are not in the same household as you.
- Avoid visiting busy public places and stay as close to home as possible.
- Clean your hands thoroughly and often, and avoid touching your face.
- Do not take risks of any kind – medical resources are scarce and social distancing is not possible for first responders.
Leave No Trace Guidelines
Please respect yourself, the land, and others while enjoying and capturing your time outside. Follow Leave No Trace principles and be aware of wildlife in your area.
- Plan ahead and prepare
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces
- Dispose of waste properly
- Leave what you find
- Minimize campfire impacts
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of visitors
Here are some basic guidelines for shooting a great video with what you have available at home.
- You can use a table and books or a tree to stabilize your phone or laptop to film yourself and your family without using your hands.
- Film in landscape (horizontal) format, not portrait (vertical).
- Let the kids set up the camera angle! Let their creativity and tech know-how shine!
- Sunlight is great, but can sometimes be too bright, so consider filming in the the shade, morning, evening, or on a cloudy day.
Don’t worry about making a perfect video. Have fun and our creative team will make the movie magic happen! Just do your best to capture yourself or your family in the frame, and abide by local and state safety guidelines.
Share Your Video!
After you’ve created your video, please do one of the following:
If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact us at LetsCOoutside@gmail.com.
Where Will My Video Be Shared?
Your video will be included first and foremost (and alongside some great new local music) in our #COoutside compilation videos which will be displayed on an array of social media platforms, as well as in future reels where both ProgressNow or Metro DNA might be showcasing their past work.
Video Permission Release: By submitting my video, I hereby irrevocably grant to ProgressNow Colorado and Metro DNA the right in perpetuity throughout the world, and in all now known and hereafter existing media, and in any language, to use my name (including any fictitious names heretofore or hereafter used by me), physical likeness and/or voice for any reasonable purpose, including the Organization’s exhibition, exploitation, distribution, or promotion of the Organization on any media platform that exists now or in the future.
I agree that the foregoing grant includes the right to use my physical likeness in any form, including, without limitation, a photograph, picture, video, artistic rendering, silhouette or other reproduction by photograph, film, tape, or otherwise.
By submitting this video, I hereby certify and represent that I have read the foregoing and fully understand the meaning and effect thereof.
Thank you so much for your time and creativity! We can’t wait to see all your great ideas in action!