Get Outdoors Day Colorado and SouthWest Denver Coalition are joining forces to host Safe Summer Kick Off on Get Outdoors Day (SSKO GO), Saturday, June 8, 2019, at Garfield Lake Park from 10am to 3pm. This free, family-friendly event is designed to promote access to healthy and safe outdoor spaces, support under-resourced communities, and celebrate nature exploration. We need your help!
Become a SSKO GO Day Volunteer
- Set up: Are you and early riser? Assist with setting up the resource fair, information booth, exhibitor and volunteer sign up, signage, stage, etc. Help with directing incoming exhibitor traffic.
- Host: Are you a people person who wants to roam around the park on a fine summer day? Provide event information to visitors, assist photographers and videographers as they capture the fun, assist with activities and performances, etc.
- Mascot: Ever wish you could be Smokey Bear? How about Woodsy Owl, Seymour Antelope, Buddy Bison, or Puddles the Goose? Our furry federal friends will be in attendance once again and need your energetic assistance.
- Food: Love grilling and serving tasty FREE food to your friends and neighbors? Help us set up, cook, serve, and clean up the three event food locations. We will be collecting event passports as meal “tickets”.
- Clean up: Do you care about taking care of our city parks? Help take down the information booth, exhibitor booths, signage and help us Leave No Trace at the park by cleaning up any trash and recyclables left behind.